For the past nine years, Towson University’s Division of Innovation and Applied Research has partnered with Academic Affairs to host the Towson University Showcase. This event brings together faculty and staff with the greater community to discuss ways in which we can partner to solve challenges facing our region.
I like to say that this event is where partnerships start, because this is the best time to meet faculty and staff who are doing fantastic work on our campus and in our communities. I also see this as an event where partnerships grow. Hundreds of area professionals from the business, education, government, and non-profit sectors who are already partnering with us attend to catch up and grow their networks.
Towson University Showcase Keynote Speaker
I am excited to announce Dr. Kim Schatzel, Towson University’s newly-appointed president, will deliver this year’s keynote address. Dr. Schatzel has a diverse background in entrepreneurship, business, product innovation, and education. She will share her vision for Towson University as a committed partner for Greater Baltimore. With over 167 active initiatives and partnerships in the works she is committed to deepening the impact of our collective work. She will share how partnerships can help drive economic activity in the region.
Towson University Showcase Exhibitors
Although our exhibitors represent many focus areas (workforce shortages, K-12 education, health and well-being, sustainability), they all address critical issues and can help you tap into Towson’s resources.
- GIS Technology Accessibility and Integration
- Applied Research and Technical Services for Business, Government, and Non-Profit Organizations
- Continuing Education, Customized Training, and Workforce Development
- Entrepreneurship at Towson
- TU Professional Leadership Program for Women
- TU Career Center—Internships and Specialized Workforce Programs
- Service-Learning Partnerships for Community Organizations
- Urban Food Systems
- Implementing Instructional Technologies in Local Schools or Educational Centers
- Countering Cyber Attacks
- Innovations in Marketing Research for Community Organizations and Small Businesses
- Occupational Therapy Programs to Enhance Quality of Life
- Website and Database Development for Schools and Non-Profits
- Building STEPS: Providing Exposure to Science and Technology to Baltimore City Youth
- Construction Education & Innovation
Mark Your Calendar
This year’s Towson University Showcase will be held on Tuesday, April 26, noon–2 PM, in the Minnegan Room at Unitas Stadium. This event is free and includes lunch and convenient parking. However, space is limited, so I encourage you to pre-register.
I hope to see you next month. If you see me, say hi. I would like to meet you.