A couple months back, I wrote about the impact the Towson University Professional Leadership Program for Women had on participants, their employers and their organizations.
On January 20, 2016, we will welcome another class of women from diverse backgrounds to Towson University for another semester-long program. Once again, the Leadership Program will allow participants to
- understand their personal leadership style.
- practice communicating with authority, projecting a professional presence, having difficult conversations, handling crisis communications, and networking.
- learn how to negotiate effectively, identify organizational culture, and excel within organizations.
- develop their personal brand and a road map for the future.
We will kick off the semester with a seminar by Ellyn Spragins, New York Times best-selling author of the What I Know Now series of books. Spragins will lead participants in a Letters To My Younger Self® Seminar. This exercise is a way for leaders to share their wisdom with others in their organization. This seminar fits in nicely and allows
- leaders to share their wisdom with colleagues.
- employees to overcome leadership obstacles and become better leaders.
- organizations to offer greater access to their leaders’ deepest values.
Spragins’ books and seminars have been inspiring women since 2006, when she authored What I Know Now: Letters To My Younger Self. Since that time, she wrote What I Know Now About Success (2010) and If I’d Known Then: Women In Their 20s and 30s Write Letters to Their Younger Selves (2008). Prior to writing these books, Spragins was a columnist at The New York Times and Editor-At-Large at Fortune Small Business. Her articles have also appeared in O, The Oprah Magazine, Working Woman, Bloomberg Personal, Worth, The New York Times Sunday Magazine, Ladies Home Journal and Town & Country.
Leadership Program Timeline
As I said in my last blog post, I couldn’t be more confident in the need, uniqueness, impact, and approach of our program. If you or a colleague are interested in becoming part of this growing leadership network, click here to receive an application and a program schedule.
- 11/20/15: Applications Due
- 12/7/15: Participants Notified of Selection
- 01/12/16: Semester Begins with Letters To My Younger Self® Seminar by Ellyn Spragins
- 06/07/16: Graduation
Although we would like to be able to accept more women into the program, constraints only allow for a limited number of participants. However, I urge you to stay up-to-date with us and sign up to receive our newsletter. This monthly e-newsletter highlights participant successes and updates from our program facilitator Kathleen Case. You can sign up by sending us an email.