Calling all geo-geeks! On March 15, Towson University will host the 2016 TUgis Conference. Presented by Towson University College of Liberal Arts, Maryland State Geographic Information Committee (MSGIC), and Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT), Maryland’s Geospatial Conference brings together the top geo-technologists in our region—and promises something for everyone.
TUgis Conference Program
This one-day event is packed full of content and provides networking opportunities across different sectors from education and private enterprise to non-profits and all levels of government. As the TUgis Advisory Committee Chair, I can assure you that we strive to increase participation and quality each year. Check out what we have in store for you this year.
- Pre-Conference Workshops: On Monday, March 14, TUgis will host three pre-conference training workshops that will cover LiDAR, Python, and ArcGIS Mobile Data Collection. Lunch and parking is included. However, workshops are BYOD (bring your own storage device) for retaining workshop outputs.
- Plenary Speaker: Keith Masback, CEO, U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation, will discuss the convergence of advancing technologies and their influence on the GEOINT Community in his speech, Welcome to the GEOINT Revolution.
- Presentations: This year we already have 138 presenters scheduled to give 88 presentations on a diverse range of topics. Check out the preliminary program that includes presenters from across Maryland and our region.
- Exhibitors: With over 30 confirmed exhibitors, the TUgis exhibitor hall will be buzzing. This year, JMT Technology Group and KCI Technologies will anchor our exhibitor space.
- Map-App Competition: The Map-App Competition is a great way to share your geospatial vision, whether that is through a paper map or a web-based app. Learn more about how you can be part of the Map-App Competition.
- New for 2016: Exhibitor Showcase Presentation Session; Professional Resume Review; and Elevation Data Theme Workgroup lunch meetings, sponsored by MSGIC
Will TUgis 2016 match last year’s record number of 600 attendees? That’s our goal!
Don’t let the great registration price fool you. TUgis organizers and contributors are among Maryland’s top in our industry who strive to hold a top-notch event! Industry business and government leaders sponsor and participate in our exhibitor showcase which not only enriches your networking and learning opportunity—but helps keep TUgis affordable to all.
Don’t forget we will keep you fueled throughout the day. Registration includes a continental breakfast, lunch, breaks, and a TUgis social.
I hope to see you on Tuesday, March 15 bright and early. And, if you see me, say hi!