In a recent blog post, my coworker discussed how the Office of Partnerships and Outreach acts a convener, managing and supporting conversations and events for community partners as well as on-campus colleagues.
One such on-campus colleague is the Hussman Center for Adults with Autism, one of five centers located at Towson University’s Institute for Well-Being where community services are provided by Towson University students under the supervision of licensed or professional faculty and staff. The Hussman Center provides services, classes, and social opportunities for adults living with autism. In 2015, over 125 individuals participated in their programs and over 200 Towson students were involved.
For the past few months, our team has been working with the Hussman Center to organize, manage, and market their annual fundraiser, LAPS for Autism. Not only does this fun walk raise funds to support the Hussman Center’s programs, it brings awareness to this great asset that emphasizes mutual learning between Towson students and adults living with autism.
How has the Office of Partnerships and Outreach provided convening support for LAPS for Autism?
- Organizational Support: Provided logistical support related to venue, catering, transportation, and event-day logistics
- Registration Management: Managed individual and team registrations through Eventbrite as well as facilitated group fundraising web pages through Towson’s Development Office
- Marketing Support: Developed a comprehensive marketing plan that included branding design; web and email content development; Facebook page management; email communication design and implementation; and outreach to area news outlets
- Outreach Support: Created a sponsorship prospectus and worked with Towson University Division of University Advancement.
If you need convening help to organize a fundraiser, a series of workshops, or a forum, let us know. Our team would be happy to help.
And, if you want to support a great cause, register for LAPS for Autism. This fun walk will be held on Sunday, April 17 at Towson’s Unitas Stadium. Registration is $15 and includes a t-shirt.
Thank you to the following for supporting this great cause.
- Presenting Sponsor: WMS Partners
- Finish Line Sponsors: Cunningham’s Cafe & Bakery, The Arc Baltimore, Therese and Douglas Erdman
- Supporting Sponsors: Baltimore Autism Society, Dr. Nancy Grasmick, Route One Apparel, Towson University Alpha Xi Delta, Towson University Hillel, Towson University Student Government Association, Xsell Promotions
And, thank you to John and Terri Hussman for on-going support of the Hussman Center for Adults with Autism including its programs and outreach.