Continuing education courses are a great way to take career advancement into your own hands. However, finding the time to complete such courses can be a challenge. At the Continuing & Professional Studies at Towson University, we make getting a certification in information technology, business management, or health and medical a bit easier by offering online courses.
I’ve put together this list of five advantages to earning a certification through online learning at Towson University Continuing & Professional Studies.
- Flexibility and Convenience: Scheduling school around work and family responsibilities can be a real challenge. Taking courses online gives students the flexibility to study on a schedule that fits their lives. Course materials are always accessible online, 24/7, so there’s no need to schedule special trips to the library. And, with flexible enrollment options, students can begin a course when they decide. They just have to finish the course in under 12 months.
- Opportunity to advance or change a career: Students can take online courses whether they are employed or in-between jobs. If they have taken time away from the workforce to raise a family, online certifications can help explain gaps in a resume when returning to the job market. Additionally, earning a professional certification shows prospective employers that you are ambitious and want to remain informed and prepared for any new challenges.
- Ditch the commute and bad weather: During bad weather such as snowstorms, colleges may cancel classes. Working professionals find that commuting between work and school during “rush” hour adds extra stress. Rather than miss or be late to important class sessions, students in online courses can always “attend” by logging on at their convenience, and complete work on their time. Learning from home gets rid of unneeded stressors.
- Improve your technical skills: Even the most basic online course requires students to develop new computer skills, as students learn to navigate different learning management systems (LMS) and programs. These skills often translate to many professions, which can be helpful on the job.
- Comfortable learning environment: Study from anywhere. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop, a library, or from your home in your pajamas, online learners can study from virtually anywhere. Students will not have to fight traffic, find parking spaces, leave work early to go to class, or miss important family time.
My colleagues and I believe in the power of education and stand behind the quality of our online courses. If you want to learn more about any of our online courses , visit our website or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m more than happy to help!