The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every one of us. Like most of you, we’re at home, learning to juggle work and family obligations in new and creative ways. What hasn’t changed is our commitment to help career advancers, career changers, and job seekers meet their educational and career goals.
Now more than ever, Towson University Continuing and Professional Studies is committed to supporting our communities and Greater Baltimore’s workforce.
We’re here to help you stay connected and move forward with your education and career goals. As part of our commitment, we’re launching new, free online courses. These fundamentals courses don’t replace our schedule of continuing education courses; they’re meant as a supplement.
Learn something new with a free course
Starting this week, we’re making a selection of fundamentals courses completely free. These self-paced courses will help you learn new skills, advance your career, and prepare you to take more advanced courses that lead to certifications.
- Keys to Effective Communication: Lost for words? Don’t be! Learn to build rapport, trust, warmth, and respect through conversation.
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring: Discover small business marketing strategies that can help you attract attention, woo your target audience, grow your customer base, and expand your profits—all for little or no money.
- Individual Excellence: Master twelve career-enhancing skills including goal setting, time management, personal organization, and creativity.
- Creating WordPress Websites: Learn how to create websites with WordPress, the most popular website building platforms.
- Creating Web Pages: Learn the basics of HTML so you can design, create, and post your very own site on the Web.
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management: Learn the people skills required to motivate and delegate, and learn tools for solving problems and resolving conflicts.
- Managing Customer Service: Become indispensable to any organization by understanding how to identify and meet customer needs.
Learn when you want to learn
Each of these courses is 24 hours long. And, you’ll have three months to complete each one you choose. However, you must register by June 30, 2020. Here are some advantages to online learning that go beyond advancing your career.
- Flexibility and convenience: Fit these fundamentals courses into your routine. Course materials are accessible online, 24/7. You just have to finish the course in under three months.
- Ditch the commute and bad weather: Rather than miss or be late to class sessions due to traffic and bad weather, students in online courses can always “attend” by logging on at their convenience, and complete work on their time. Learning from home gets rid of unneeded stressors.
- Improve your technical skills: Even the most basic online course requires you to develop new computer skills, as you learn to navigate different learning systems and programs. These skills often translate to many professions, which can be helpful on the job.
- Comfortable learning environment: Study from anywhere there’s an internet connection. Plus, during this time, you won’t have to fight traffic, find parking spaces, leave work early to go to class, or miss important family time.
Get started learning today
Contact our career consultant Kevin Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 410-704-4743. If you prefer to chat online, visit our website and look for the chat icon.