Thinking about starting a career in the healthcare industry? Have you considered a career as a Clinical Medical Assistant? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical assistant jobs are expected to grow by 18 percent through 2030—placing it much higher the average national job growth. The increased demand stems from a need to replace workers who left the field to pursue other careers or they have simply retired.
Here are seven reasons why you should choose a career in medical assisting.
- Great pay. The national medium salary for a medical assistant is $35,850, according to the BLS, while in Maryland, the medium salary for a medical assistant is $38,067—higher than the national average.
- Job stability. With low turnover rates and low unemployment, the employment outlook for a medical assistant is great. Not to mention the abundance of job opportunities to come in the near future.
- Job advancement. The skills you gain as a medical assistant are transferable throughout the healthcare industry. With training and time, you can move up the ladder in no time.
- Training is quick. The process of becoming certified to become a medical assistant can take as little as 41 weeks. This means you are out of school and working in your field within a year!
- In Demand. The BLS says the medical assistant field is expected to grow 18 percent in the next ten years. The need for medical workers will only increase which can almost guarantee you a job.
If you’re looking for a career in healthcare, clinical medical assistance are great first steps. Towson University Continuing and Professional Studies can help you with online courses in both Medical Billing and Medical Coding.
Online Clinical Medical Assistant course
Clinical medical assistance is one of the fastest growing healthcare professions in the U.S. Get familiar with the clinical and procedural knowledge working across the domain of health care facilities to aid inpatient treatments and clinical operations.