With dozens of certifications to choose from, how do you know which one will actually impress your future employer? Having an industry-aligned professional certification not only shows your future employer that you have the knowledge and skills that matches the job requirements but that the skills and knowledge you have is up-to-date and relevant to the current market.
Here are the top in-demand professional certifications that will wow your next employer—all of them offered by Towson University Continuing and Professional Studies.
Human Resources Certifications
Become the change you want to see in human resources. Establish yourself as a professional in human resources with the help of one (or more) of these certifications. Our Professional in Human Resources Course will prepare you to sit for these HR certification exams offered by HRCI.
- Professional in Human Resources® (PHR) — A PHR certification shows your command of the technical and operational aspects of HR management. This certification is great for HR professionals whose focus is within the program implementation, tactical and/or logistical orientation and responsibility with a focus within the HR department.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources® (SPHR) — The SPHR certification demonstrates your ability to think big rather than to implement. This certification is geared for those who have a proven track record of accomplishing HR department goals, knows all disciplines of HR, and understands business beyond the HR function.
Project Management Certifications
Whether you are just starting out in project management and want to prove your knowledge or are a veteran in the field and looking to solidify yourself as a leader, our project management courses will give you the tools needed to excel in project management, regardless of your industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) — A PMP® certification is the gold standard for project management professionals and a great way to showcase skills. This certification allows you to join an elite group of leaders from all industries with the skill-set and confidence to take any project head on.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) — A CAPM® certification is great for those who have little to no project management experience but would like to advance in the field. With this certification, you will show your employer that you are dedicated to a fruitful and long-lasting career in project management.
Technology is a force that isn’t going anywhere. Learn the basics for any entry-level help desk or desktop analyst position. These CompTIA certifications will be the jumpstart to a very promising and in-demand field.
- A+ — A CompTIA A+ certification is the perfect segue into an Information Technology career. This certification proves that you have mastered the basics of problem-solving, troubleshooting, and supporting basic IT infrastructure and networking.
- Network+ — A CompTIA Network+ certification is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network professionals need. With this certification, you can guarantee your employer that you have the skills, knowledge and confidence to securely establish, maintain and troubleshoot the essential networks.
- A+, Network+, Security+ — An A+, Network+, Security+ certification gives you all the fundamental tools needed to enter the Information Technology field. With this stacked certification, you will surely have no issues landing your next IT job.