Thinking about starting a career in the healthcare industry? Have you considered a career as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical assistant jobs are expected to grow by 18 percent through 2030—placing it much higher the average national job growth.
A CCMA works in doctor’s offices and performs many clinical tasks such as checking vital signs, drawing blood, and performing EKGs. Being a CCMA is a stable job and meaningful because you really can see the difference you make in your patients’ lives.
Here are the top reasons to become a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant:
- Competitive salary. The national median salary for a Medical Assistant is $39,810, according to the BLS. In Maryland, the median salary for a medical assistant is $40,000—higher than the national average.
- Job stability. Certified Clinical Medical Assistants are in demand. With low turnover rates and low unemployment, the employment outlook for a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant is great. Plus, you can take your career skills with you anywhere—once you’re certified, you can work anywhere in the United States.
- Job advancement opportunities. The clinical and soft skills you gain as a clinical medical assistant are transferable throughout the healthcare industry. With training and time, you could move into administration, nursing, or into more specialized roles in no time.
- Your job matters. Some jobs can leave you feeling unfulfilled. However, Certified Clinical Medical Assistants play a crucial role in any healthcare setting. You are directly helping people become healthier. Simply put, a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant can be proud of their work in helping make a difference in people’s lives.
- Certification is relatively quick. The process of becoming certified as a Clinical Medical Assistant can be done in a short amount of time. The experienced instructors at Towson University Continuing and Professional Studies will provide you with a solid clinical foundation to build your career.
If you’re thinking about changing careers or starting a career in the healthcare industry, our Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Program may be the right fit.