In fall 2019, PNC Bank, ATHENA, and Towson University established a new partnership to bring ATHENAPowerlink® Baltimore to TU. Now housed at the StarTUp at the Armory, the year-long entrepreneurial mentorship program supports women business owners by providing them access to diverse business leaders, experts and entrepreneurs who can help improve and grow their businesses in the market.
ATHENAPowerlink® Baltimore is sponsored by PNC Bank and directed by Laura Gamble, Regional President of PNC for Greater Maryland. Laura leads the governing body, who supports recruitment, marketing and identifying leaders in specialized sectors to support the varying needs of participating women business owners. The ATHENAPowerlink® Baltimore’s governing body representatives are a group of volunteer executives and entrepreneurs from the business community.
Our team at the StarTUp, along with support staff, oversees marketing and promotional strategies and coordinates convenings and events. With the PNC partnership, the StarTUp is hosting our first ATHENAPowerlink® Baltimore Women in Business Speaker Series. This series highlights trailblazing Marylanders as they discuss accomplishments, challenges, and insights as woman business leaders.
Check out recent fall 2023 sessions
Register for these upcoming 2024 sessions
- Thursday, February 29, 8:30–10:30 a.m.
Dr. Sam DuFlo, founder, owner, and chief medical officer of Indigo Physiotherapy
- Thursday, April 18, 8:30–10:30 a.m.
Women in Finance Panel featuring
- Janet Currie, president, greater Maryland, Bank of America
- Jen Dardis, chief financial officer and treasurer, T. Rowe Price Group, Inc
- Aileen Eskildsen, chief executive officer and managing partner, Ellin & Tucker
- Laura Gamble, regional president greater Maryland and territory executive for the northeast, PNC Bank
- REGISTER HERE
Stay tuned for more exciting news about our partnership between ATHENAPowerlink® Baltimore, PNC, and Towson University.