Working with strategic partners and drawing on a long history of serving Maryland’s state agencies, the Towson University Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research advances Towson University’s role as an economic engine.
The Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research
The Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research is one six administrative divisions of Towson University. We open the doors of the University to solve pressing problems, further community collaboration, expand learning opportunities, and generate economic development. Simply put, the Division is the business and public engagement arm of Towson University.
Leveraging the combined expertise of a 70+ person team, the Division strengthens Maryland’s communities and addresses opportunities and challenges. Strategic partnerships create engagement and enrichment opportunities for individuals and organizations to support TU’s longstanding commitment to serving Greater Baltimore. Applied research solves real problems facing our region alongside the business, nonprofit, and government sectors.
- The Center for GIS (CGIS) empowers clients with GIS technology and solutions through data development and analysis, application design and development, and training.
- Continuing Education jump-starts careers through professional certification courses that address critical skill gaps in high growth industries.
- IT Services provides secured cloud and managed hosting services. Some of the most visible public facing web sites in Maryland have been developed and are hosted in our data center.
- Leadership and Organizational Development designs and delivers customized courses and programs that strengthen capacity building at the individual, team, and organizational level.
- The Office of Partnerships & Outreach manages the presidential priority BTU—Partnerships at Work for Greater Baltimore and provides communications and convening support to faculty and staff as well as external partners.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Towson University provides continued learning and cultural enrichment through academic and social programs for adults, age 50 and older.
- The Regional Economic Studies Institute (RESI) is the leading expert on Maryland’s economy and provides economic and policy analysis services across the region.
- Venture Creation induces regional economic development through mission-driven business incubation via TU Incubator.
The Division also provides work opportunities for forward thinking Towson University students to have hands-on involvement on significant projects that help them build the skills to advance in their careers.
About This Blog
The EngageTU blog is written by Division staff members, student employees, and guest bloggers from the TU community.