Working with strategic partners and drawing on a long history of serving Maryland’s state agencies, the Towson University Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research advances Towson University’s role as an economic engine.
The Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research
The Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research is one six administrative divisions of Towson University. We open the doors of the university to find creative solutions to pressing problems, further community collaboration and development, increase learning opportunities, and generate economic development, in Maryland and across the region. Simply put, the Division is the business and public engagement arm of Towson University.
The Division strengthens Maryland’s communities and addresses opportunities and challenges. Strategic partnerships create engagement and enrichment opportunities for individuals and organizations to support TU’s longstanding commitment to serving Greater Baltimore. Applied research solves real problems facing our region alongside the business, nonprofit, and government sectors.
- The Center for GIS (CGIS) empowers clients with GIS technology and solutions through data development and analysis, application design and development, and training.
- Continuing & Professional Studies provides instructor-led and self-paced certification prep courses that address critical skill gaps in high growth industries.
- IT Services provides secured cloud and managed hosting services. Some of the most visible public facing web sites in Maryland have been developed and are hosted in our data center.
- The Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute offers a robust portfolio of values-driven leadership development offerings for individuals and organizations that create transformational outcomes for leaders at any level in their careers and across all industries.
- The Office of Partnerships and Outreach work across campus and throughout the community to provide critical support, coordination, and decision-making to further partnership and community engagement efforts.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Towson University provides continued learning and cultural enrichment through academic and social programs for adults, age 50 and older.
- The Regional Economic Studies Institute (RESI) is the leading expert on Maryland’s economy and provides economic and policy analysis services across the region.
- The StarTUp at the Armory is TU’s front door for start-ups, small businesses, as well as our region’s largest corporations.
The Division also provides work opportunities for forward thinking Towson University students to have hands-on involvement on significant projects that help them build the skills to advance in their careers.
About This Blog
The EngageTU blog is written by Division staff members, student employees, and guest bloggers from the TU community.